Monday, April 4, 2011

DIY hole T Shirt

I went a little spaz during the week because I needed something new but relaxed in my wardrobe without spending any money. 
How can you do that? I think I found the solution - Cutting up and old top to make it look better and more entertaining than having it as another sleepwear shirt. 
I was lucky enough to have this old bf shirt that had the shirt 's front sewn on an angle~ It turned out to be pretty handy. I just measured 25cm down from the sewn slant on the shirt to create a triangle  shape going across the shirt. You can do this just by getting out a long ruler and drawing out a long line across your shirt - but if you're going to draw on your shirt, please remember to turn the shirt inside out and use a pencil (so it might come out in the wash, and if it doesn't - it's not too obvious)
I sewed along my line that I drew on the shirt but now I think that it might have been an unnecessarry step. I then made bars/strips outlines with pencil (about 2cm wide) to help me aim later for when I cut into my shirt. And I did this all the way around the shirt.
Then you grab some scissors and cut a little hole on the line - that helps make it easier cutting out the lines for the shirt in the next step.
Now remember when you're cutting out your strips that you don't cut the overlocked section on the bottom of the shirt. If you do, the bottom of you shirt will look like tassles and might get caught - but if that's what you want, go for it!!
Once you've cut all the lines out of your shirt you're ready to wear it. I like it because it's still an oversized lazy shirt to wear, but you 'll look better because you're showing some tummy! How much tummy you want to show depends on the person of course (I enjoy my cake and ice cream too much hee hee)

No comments:

Post a Comment